Ipswich Cycling Club is excited to announce that Jordan Kerby, recently crowned as the Individual Pursuit World Champion on the track in Hong Kong, will be racing in the Ipswich Festival Criterium on the 6th of May 2017.
Other notables in the Men’s Elite A/B race include Sam Volkers, Ryan Kavanagh, Bradley Soden, Kaden Groves, and Ipswich Cycling Club’s own Joshua Beikoff, all participants in the 2017 National Road Championships.
The Men’s Masters A/B race will be hotly contested with Murray McClymont and Matthew Ryan racing, fresh from their own successful outings at the Queensland State Criterium Championships in April.
Entries for the race close on the 30th of April, with the club expecting a number of other high-calibre competitors to register in the coming days.
About the event
- The Ipswich Festival Criterium is held on a tight, 1 km circuit in the Ipswich CBD on Saturday the 6th of May from 12.00 pm.
- Men’s Masters A/B will compete in the first race, followed by Women’s A/B then Elite A/B.
- Ipswich City Council is showing its generous support for cycle racing in the region by closing the roads for the event and providing an attractive prize pool.
- This is the third edition of the event in the recent past. The last two years the field was limited to Ipswich CC members only. Last year’s winner was Anthony “Antman” Kellen.
- Traditionally only Ipswich Cycling Club members have raced, but this year we are presenting faster, more exciting racing by inviting the best graded riders from all Cycling Australia registered clubs.
Not only will this event provide a wonderful spectacle, it’s also a great opportunity for you to get more involved in the club.
Australia’s world champion athletes can only achieve their dreams with the support of people who give their own time to help out. Next time they’re on the podium at the highest level, our volunteers can also feel proud that they have, in some small way, contributed to their success. YOU can share in that moment as well!
If you’re able to give up some of your time on Saturday the 6th of May, we’re in need of helpers to set up and pack away gear, as well as take up positions as course marshals.
To volunteer, send Jamie an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.