Ipswich Cycling Club observes the 2015 Cycling Australia Junior Cycling Policy.
This policy has been adopted by the Board of Cycling Australia in accordance with the Cycling Australia constitution and applies to all Cycling Australia members, including affiliated constituent associations and affiliated clubs.
The Junior Cycling Policy has been developed in a way that provides constituent associations, affiliated clubs and schools with a means of quickly referencing key issues and strategies to assist them in delivering junior cycling. In particular, the Junior Cycling Policy will help:
- create safe and supportive environments for enjoyable participation to encourage lifelong involvement;
- provide an environment for the development of skills, cardiovascular and musculo-skeletal health;
- foster social benefits and encourage good sporting behaviour; • provide equal opportunities for all young people to participate in cycling programs and competitions;
- encourage and actively cater for talented young sports people;
- develop a consistent and co-ordinated approach to all cycling programs in the community; and
- provide positive experiences to encourage lifelong participation in the sport of cycling
Click here for a copy of the policy.